[O] Re: s-tab not working as intended in kde's konsole

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [O] Re: s-tab not working as intended in kde's konsole
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:31:48 +0100

Izzie <address@hidden> writes:
> Wow! You just opened me to a whole new world of possibilities in advanced
> window management I didn't suspect existed.

Actually that's one of the reasons I still stick with
KDE... indispensable when you have to work remotely and the other end
beams a complete desktop over.  Another neat-o thing is that you can
make your windows frame-less and fix their geometries.

> No luck though as disabling kde shortcuts didn't change a thing. With
> both konsole shortcuts and kde shortcuts out of the way the problem is
> still here.

I've just tested it on my system and the problem is indeed with konsole
itself and not any of the standard shortcuts.  Qt takes over the Backtab
to re-focus on the "New Tab" button while you are in the terminal
window.  You can actually work around by just not showing that button
(it's an option in the profile editor).  I consider this a bug in
konsole (it looks like they correctly handle TAB, but forgot about
BACKTAB), you should report this to the KDE folks.

Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: