[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:47:28 +0530

>> For example, I don't know if the docbook backend explicitly
>> writes section numbers in, or if the sectioning is left to the
>> stylesheet.  If the latter, can I mark sections as ones that
>> should be numbered and ones that shouldn't?
>>

> And I'm sure Jambunathan will take care of the odt exporter.

I think from odt side of things users are very likely to turn off
numbering and toc altogether and be more than happy to give finishing
touches with automatic outline numbering facility and automatic toc
generation facility offered by the viewers.

Currently the TOC and section-numbering generated by the odt exporter is
artificial. i.e., It looks like section numbers and TOC but the
underlying xml elements are not spitted out by the odt exporter.

Considering that the odt exporter is new I believe there is some
flexibility on my side to reject certain features as too niche for a
first level release :-).

Jambunathan K.