[O] Re: Org expert mode?

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Re: Org expert mode?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:08:52 -0400

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> But following on your statement that the features will still be there,
> I would actually suggest to introduce an "Org Babel Mode" which would
> *disable* features like archiving - the archiving feature (very useful
> for time management et al) is quite useless in the use of babel for
> literate programming. This "Org Babel mode" should not be a mode for
> the whole of org, but rather on a per file basis.

I would suggest that archiving can fit very well into a literate
programming and/or writing workflow. One can use org-archive-subtree,
for instance, to remove unneeded sections of code/prose without deleting
them altogether. I do this all the time when drafting a new bit of code
or an essay.

Best,
Matt