[Orgmode] org-babel-read should have option NOT to interpret as elisp

From: Vladimir Alexiev
Subject: [Orgmode] org-babel-read should have option NOT to interpret as elisp
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:14:45 +0000 (UTC)

I keep perl regexps in a table, and some of them start with "(".
I'd like these to be left alone (returned unmodified as a string).

(info "(org)var") doesn't mention special processing of table cells,
but the doc of org-babel-read says:

Convert the string value of CELL to a number if appropriate.
Otherwise if cell looks like lisp (meaning it starts with a
"(" or a "'") then read it as lisp, otherwise return it
unmodified as a string.

So it seems to me that this special behavior of org-babel-read
should be documented in info, and controllable by a user option.