Re: [Orgmode] Sending TODO items automatically to a specified email addr

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sending TODO items automatically to a specified email address
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:30:31 +0100

Hi Marvin,

Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anybody know how to send TODO as email attachment. What would be
> nice is if the TODO item is in the message and the text below it is
> an attachment. Basically, this is how I remind myself of things that
> I need to get done.

The first step is to export selected entries to text files:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun org-export-headings-to-ascii (&optional match scope)
  "Export headings from the current buffer to ascii files."
  (interactive)
  (org-map-entries
   (lambda ()
     (org-mark-subtree)
     (let ((head (org-get-heading))
           (beg (point))
           (end (org-end-of-subtree)))
       (org-export-region-as-ascii beg end t (get-buffer-create head))
       (with-current-buffer
           (get-buffer-create head)
         (write-file
          (concat (replace-regexp-in-string " " "_" head) ".txt")))))
   ;; see org-map-entries docstring
   match scope))
#+end_src

Then to attach the files, which depends on what MUA you use.

HTH,

--
 Bastien