[Orgmode] Help with Babel and using SQL

From: yesare
Subject: [Orgmode] Help with Babel and using SQL
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:06:21 -0600

Hello:
I am new to orgmode.
So far I have managed to organize and use org by reading documemtation.
Now I want to experiment with babel and SQL and I am stuck as I am unable to find any good documentation on this.
I also searched the mail archive and I see several code snippets but so far I have not been able to put them together.
I see stuf like "engine" but I can't find documentation.

I am trying to do two things.

  1. Query a mysql or oracle table and post results in orgtable format
  2. Select data from an existing orgtable in current buffer and do further processing with them (example: insert them into Oracle).
I am sorry if this is vague but I am just looking for some initial guidance on how to get around.

Is this possible?

Can someone point me to the documentation or share some experience.

Thanks.