[Orgmode] Re: Store link in message mode

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Store link in message mode
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:41:46 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If you think --despite of those issues-- it's worth adding the creation
>> of gnus links while in message mode I could provide a patch.
>
> FWIW, I think it would be useful.
>
>> I'd probably add the functionality to `org-gnus-store-link' but I'm
>> not an org code expert and a different location may be more
>> appropriate.  What do you think?
>
> Such a change belongs to `org-gnus-store-link' -- I'd be glad to apply a
> patch to this effect.

Please find a patch attached. I works for me with latest Emacs, Org,
Gnus from bzr/git but with all the limitations mentioned earlier in this
thread.

The patch includes the generation of the `Message-ID' header if none is
present.  It also removes the `message-deletable' property from that
header to prevent Gnus from re-generating the message id and thus
breaking the org link.  This should (hopefully) work regardless of the
value of `message-generate-headers-first', `message-deletable-headers'
et al.

Ulf