Re: [Orgmode] Easily go to some frequently accessed heading (narrowed to

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Easily go to some frequently accessed heading (narrowed to region)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:10:04 -0300

Thanks again Eric, this is a good solution for projects that are not
accessed frequently for me (I only know some of the org search
capabilities, I guess it is time to reread that section in the manual).

At last, using the initial code provided by Bastien I was able to
program something that gives me what I wanted. The code is provided
below.

Basically, I only need to write a "my-find-someproject*-org-heading"
function for each projects I am interested in and bind it to a key. I
had before the "F1" key binded to a function that just opened my main
org file, therefore the most straightforward idea is to rebind that
function to "F1 F1" and then bind the different
my-find-someproject*-org-heading functions to "F1 SomeKey".

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun buffer-exists (bufname)
    (not
     (eq nil (get-buffer bufname))
     )
    )

  (defun my-find-org-heading (projectName)
    (interactive)
    (let (heading org-indirect-buffer-display)
      (setq heading (concat "* " projectName))
      (setq org-indirect-buffer-display 'current-window)
      (if (buffer-exists projectName)
          (switch-to-buffer projectName)
        ;; Else
        (progn
          (find-file "~/org/main.org")
          (goto-char (point-min))
          (search-forward heading)
          (org-tree-to-indirect-buffer)
          (rename-buffer projectName)
          (org-overview)
          (show-children)
          )
        )
      )
    )

  (defun my-find-someproject-org-heading nil
    (interactive)
    (my-find-org-heading "someproject")
    )
#+end_src