[Orgmode] Org-beamer problems

From: Bill Moran
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 02:31:35 +0000 (UTC)

I have installed the latest (git) version of org-mode and have stripped out all
customizations from  I think. I've copied Eric's two column example from here

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html

with the headers given there. And I can't get either blocks or columns to work.
There is no block or column command in the latex produced from the org file.

I guess it's something to do with the value of the variable

org-export-latex-classes

but have been unable to find a statement of what that should be. I think I've
undone all customizations of that  variable from earlier attempts but can't be
sure.

Thanks for your help.

Bill