[Orgmode] question about opening a file in .emacs

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: [Orgmode] question about opening a file in .emacs
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:49:28 -0500

Hi all,

I'd like to have aquamacs open org immediately when I start it.
To do this, I've put the following line at the end of my .emacs (which is actually somewhere else in Aquamacs, but it doesn't matter):

(switch-to-buffer-in-tab (find-file "~/Dropbox/org/root.org"))

Now, this works.  But when Aquamacs starts, it runs through something like a half-dozen redraws, resizes, and re-coloration of the Aquamacs window.
I'm okay with it, cuz it works, but it's rather distracting to see this flurry of stuff happening every time I start Aquamacs.

It might be something wrong with the code I use, or it might be an Aquamacs issue, or it might be a general emacs issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.
Fil

--