Re: [Orgmode] Re: Installing org-mode from git without byte-compiling

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Installing org-mode from git without byte-compiling
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 03:20:46 -0500

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Ian Barton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have been struggling to get the info from the git repo to display in
> Emacs, rather than the default info.
>
> In my .emacs I have: (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list
> "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/doc/")
>
> C-h v Info-directory-list shows:
>
> Info-directory-list's value is
> ("~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/doc/" "/usr/share/info/emacs-23"
> "/usr/share/info/" "/usr/share/info/")
>

> However, I still get the info file for org 6.36.trans displayed. If I do:
>
> info ~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/doc/org
>
> I get the correct git version of the info file. So what am I doing wrong?

Ian,

I started having issues with this last week. Re-reading this thread
gave me hints at a solution. I don't know what happened on my end, but
try the following steps, which worked for me:

1) Navigate to your org source directory (git repo, perhaps)
2) Type =make info=
3) Make sure the org/doc directory is in Info-directory-list (looks
like it is for you)

Kill any Info buffers and restart Info. The manual should be the
correct one now. If that doesn't fix it, try also typing =make
install-info=, which updates the site-wide documentation.

Let me know if this solves the problem for you, and if you had to type
=make install-info=.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn