Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:27:06 -0500

I've tried several times to use Viper, but I always give up. The usual showstopper is read-only Emacs modes with single-character key bindings, like MH-E. The d key deletes a message in an MH folder, but in vi, d deletes text to a target. So the obvious thing to do is turn Viper mode off in folder buffers. But I'd like to use the vi keys for motion (h, j, k, l) -- I can't get used to using them in some buffers and not others. So unless I'm unaware of some trick, I have to build my own keymap almost for each of these modes.

ajk