Re: [Orgmode] Re: noob question about word wrap

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: noob question about word wrap
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:27:57 +0000

"Filippo A. Salustri" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi again.
> I send the msg below a few weeks ago, and got a reasonable response from
> Ross Glover.
> However, I'm still convinced that I would prefer to try orgmode with
> different word wrapping.
> I'm looking for a way to get orgmode buffers to be in visual-line-mode and
> org-indent-mode only.
> That is, I'm looking to turn off truncate-lines and auto-fill-mode.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking but if all you wish to do is
turn off the automatic truncation of lines, simply type "M-x
toggle-truncate-lines RET" to turn this off if it were on and vice versa.
You can do the same for auto-fill-mode with "M-x auto-fill-mode RET".

In both cases, "M-x" stands for Meta-x: hold your Meta or Alt key down
and press x or hit the ESC key and then the x key.  RET stands for hit
the enter key.

If you want to do this for all org files you visit, you can add these
commands to org-mode-hook.

HTH.
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.148.g8a71)