Re: [Orgmode] Capture into subheading of current headline

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Capture into subheading of current headline
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:30:02 +0000

> Hi Nathan,
>
> On Nov 28, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Nathan Neff wrote:
>
>> I think I'm missing something obvious here -- I can't
>> define a capture template that puts the results as a sub-heading
>> of the heading that the cursor is currently in.
>
> You can insert a capture entry at the location where you are
> at using a zero prefix to the capture command:
>
> C-0 C-c r
>
> Does that do what you want?  It hast the advantage that
> it works for any entry-like templates in your setup.
>
> I guess we could make a special target for filing as child
> of current heading if mor ethan one person found this useful....
>
> - Carsten

I can see this being useful but isn't this really a case of trying to
massage org-capture into doing something which would best handled
through a more general template mechanism (e.g yasnippet)?  I may be
biased because I already use yasnippet to insert particular types of
entries into org files, especially latex directives and some babel
code blocks...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.159.g23265)