Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)
Date: 30 Nov 2010 23:06:39 +0100

Hi Matthew

Matthew Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> MobileOrg Android already supports speech to text in that, you can go to
> capture a new note and click the mic button on the soft keyboard and start
> speaking.  I don't see that it would be particularly difficult to integrate
> this in a larger fashion.  There could be a button on the capture interface
> that would let you start it automatically.

Thanks for your ideas. Using MobileOrg's ability to process spoken texts
is fine. In the car, however, it would be necessary to reduce clicks to
one or two. Switching on speech input on the soft-keyboard would be
difficult, because the respective key is much too tiny. At the moment
I'm using "Voice Command" which starts recording when pressing the
"search" key (hardware). This is fine. But still one has to manually
start MobileOrg, switch to the capture screen and paste the text. That
could be easier with the help of Tasker.

> Also... given that you had a button to activate the speech to text without
> having to pull up the soft keyboard... you could write another application
> that calls MobileOrg's Capture activity with that mode enabled.

I have tried to teach Tasker how to call the Capture activity. Without
success so far. Am I right that the activity is called by the command
"com.matburt.mobileorg.Capture"? To my regret, Tasker's "Action Intent"
task doesn't seem to understand that command. If I could get that
working, it would be easy to create an icon to capture a spoken note and
save it with only one click.

Greetings,

Sven