[Orgmode] Re: Generated images in buffer

From: Dov Grobgeld
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Generated images in buffer
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:43:40 +0200

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. And indeed it is as easy to output a graph from python (or any other language) as it is from ditaa:

* A ditaa image
#+begin_src ditaa :file example.png
+---------+
| cBLU    |
|         |
|    +----+
|    |cPNK|
|    |    |
+----+----+
#+end_src

#+results:
[[file:example.png]]
* A Python image
#+begin_src python :file circle.png
import cairo,math, os

width, height = 256,256
surface = cairo.ImageSurface (cairo.FORMAT_ARGB32, width, height)
ctx = cairo.Context (surface)
ctx.set_source_rgb(0,0,0)
ctx.rectangle(0,0,width,height)
ctx.fill()
ctx.set_source_rgb(1,1,1)
ctx.move_to(width/2,height/2)
ctx.arc(width/2,height/2,width*0.25,0,math.pi*2)
ctx.fill()
surface.write_to_png("circle.png")
#+end_src

#+results:

[[file:circle.png]]

* A matplotlib graph from http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net

#+begin_src python :file graph.png
from pylab import *

t = arange(0.0, 2.0, 0.01)
s = sin(2*pi*t)
plot(t, s, linewidth=1.0)

xlabel('time (s)')
ylabel('voltage (mV)')
title('About as simple as it gets, folks')
grid(True)
savefig("graph.png",dpi=50)
#+end_src

#+results:

[[file:graph.png]]

I'm wondering over one thing though. When exporting to HTML, the ditaa source code is omitted, but the python source code is included. Is there any way of controlling this in begin_src?

Thanks!
Dov