Re: [Orgmode] Awesome! Date-tree from agenda!

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Awesome! Date-tree from agenda!
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 22:32:37 +0100

On Nov 25, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

I've been looking for a way to do quick "journal" entries
for /past/ dates, and was disappointed that the Journal
capture template always used the current date.

I found out you can go to a date in the agenda, and press "k c", which will cause any capture-template to use the date in the agenda, not today's date.

Glad to hear that someone is using agenda actions.

This will use the agenda's date when putting journal entries into a
file like this:

Thanks for this.  I have always been a little frustrated by the
limitation you mention above (but obviously not frustrated enough to do
anything about it).  using the agenda view to accomplish this is
perfectly fine!

There is now also a new capture target type

(file+datetree+prompt "path/to/file")

which will prompt you for the date (RET will still use today then....)

Hope this proves to be useful.

- Carsten