[Orgmode] Re: org-indent, org-inlinetask: patches on github

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent, org-inlinetask: patches on github
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:34:22 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> I tested the look and feel of the export to HTML and PDF. Works fine.
>> Works even better (IMHO) with the suggested template.
>>
>> The advantage is to get a real different look for the inlined task, so that
>> it gets your attention as it deserves it.
>
> Ok, I do not mind, as I do not use inline tasks. I trust you here. I have
> applied it on github (and corrected the misplaced <b>).

Thanks -- as well for the misplaced <b> (it was working fine, but not
semantically in the correct spot, right).

> If it is a sane default template for HTML, perhaps someone could tell me
> what its equivalent is for DocBook?

Can't be of any help for that.

>> - Regarding LaTeX, my suggestion requires the =todonotes= LaTeX
>>   package to be loaded in the header.
>
> For that one I'm not sure adding one more package to those already inserted
> by default is a good idea. Is =todonotes= standard in every LaTeX
> distribution?

I think so, but what really is standard?

With TeXLive, almost all existing packages are installed nowadays (you can't
not choose anymore for base or medium installation packages). So, yes, it's
directly available.

With MikTeX, I have no idea. But MiKTeX pops up the user for missing packages,
allowing its installation in a couple of seconds. If not by default, shouldn't
be a problem either.

> I think default templates should be clean and very low on requirements. This
> is not too hard for an user of this (undocumented) feature of Org to
> configure it to its needs after all.

I share your view on keeping trying to be as "basic" as possible in
requirements. Though, I must admit that, at the time when I only used pure
LaTeX for editing my stuff, the todonotes package appeared as the only
valuable one.

And, as its name says, it really is targetting TODO notes!

> What do users (and maintainers) think about it?

I'm interested as well by comments...

When do you think this could be merged in the master branch?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban