Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:26:00 -0700

Thanks, Giovanni, that helps; I assumed that "does not work" meant
what it said.  :)

However, it doesn't help me when I actually post the HTML.

The problem is that even without the <br>, the paragraph does not
fill.  So I would have to unfill the paragraphs manually, then export,
then undo the unfilling.

The perl code does not unfill paragraphs in my tests.

So I guess I'd like to know if:

  1) anybody has a /hook in the exporter/ to unfill paragraphs, or
  2) anybody has a way for the HTML to instruct the browser to /ignore
newlines/, or
  3) anybody has an unfill-region that works better than mine.

My unfill-region uses filladapt and seems so far to work for most
paragraphs but not ones following a headline.  It does not work with
filladapt turned off, seemingly.

Therefore there is manual effort to unfill paragraphs after headlines.

(defun alpha-unfill-region-or-paragraph ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((fill-column (point-max)))
    (alpha-fill-region-or-paragraph)))
(defun alpha-fill-region-or-paragraph ()
  (interactive)
  (if (hoka-org-region-active-p)
      (call-interactively #'fill-region)
    (fill-paragraph nil)))
(defun hoka-org-region-active-p ()
  "Just a slighlty modified copy of the org function.
Is `transient-mark-mode' on and the region active?
Works on both Emacs and XEmacs."
  (if (featurep 'xemacs)
      (and zmacs-regions (region-active-p))
    (if (fboundp 'use-region-p)
        (use-region-p)
      (and transient-mark-mode mark-active))))

Thanks.

Samuel