[Orgmode] Re: proposal for enhanced org-get-priority function

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: proposal for enhanced org-get-priority function
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:11:46 -0500

> I would like to have a show of hands who is interested in this
> treatment of finer priorities.  Should we add this patch (I don't vote
> because I do not use priorities)

-1

Org-mode power users in need of finer-grained priority control already
have the option of widening the range of priorities with
org-highest-priority and org-lowest-priority or a #+PRIORITIES line. One
could also use custom "tags" + a user defined sorting command to
accomplish something similar.

I believe that, as a rule, if a peculiar use-case can already be
accomplished with current hooks and variables, a new way of doing the
same thing should not be hard-coded, unless it dramatically simplifies
the code and user experience.

- Matt