Re: [Orgmode] Re: An Org-mode clone for Vim

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: An Org-mode clone for Vim
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 20:36:10 +0000

Detlef Steuer <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:39:56 +0000 (UTC)
> Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've been working on a Vim plugin that is file-compatible with
>> Org-mode and that clones a good subset of features.

This is fantastic news!  Although I have been using emacs for 25+ years,
I have been using vi longer... and I still have hjkl burned into my
neural pathways as the correct way to move around in a file.  Although
I'm unlikely to move away from emacs for most work, being able to use vi
to manipulate my org files would be liberating and particularly useful
because:

> Furthermore it may be useful to use vim over ssh+screen for simple
> access to your orgmode files even if you use the full power at your
> desk.

I currently use ssh to connect to my office computer from my Android
phone and then start emacs within screen.  It would be faster and easier
to use vi, especially because the modal system is more suited for the
type of on-screen keyboard you get on these phones.

I look forward to being able to try this soon!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.28.g8744.dirty)