[Orgmode] options for non-breaking space

From: sebastien-listes
Subject: [Orgmode] options for non-breaking space
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:50:31 +0200

Hi,

I'm recent user of orgmode and I must say I'm quite impressed.

As a French typesetter, using orgmode as a source format to provide both
pdf and html output to the books I'm asked to typeset might be the
begining of the solution I'm looking for to satisfy people who want to
provide ebooks to their readers.  Hence, the need of having fine-tuning
for the typographic details for both html and latex export is an
important point.

The following question occured to me: how can I have a non-breaking
space before ; : ! ? and betweend « and », but only for the HTML export?
(the LaTeX French package manages spaces for these signs automatically,
inserting not only a non-breaking space but a thinner non-breaking
space, which is better in regard of our typographic choices).

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS: I don't know if a thin-nonbreaking-space is supported in HTML but,
if it was the case, I'd be interested in this solution, too.

--
Sébastien Mengin
Édition et logiciels libres