Re: [Orgmode] Possible Calc support for Org-Babel?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Possible Calc support for Org-Babel?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:43:51 -0600

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric,
>
> This is really nice!
>
> I had a problem initially in that calc-push-list was undefined.  I had
> to initiate calc first so maybe a
>
> : (require 'calc)

Ah yes, that is in the ob-calc.el file, but not in the code snippet I
shared.  I'll commit this entire file to the repository.

> is required to ensure the functions you use are available?
>
> Then, out of the three examples you give, only one (3^3) worked.  The
> others give me:

I just made a change which should fix this issue.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp (2
>"Expected a number"))
[...]

> Have I done something wrong?
>
> I am particularly excited, once it works for me, to use this for
> /inline/ babel executions!

Great.

I'd be particularly interested if there are more natural or "idiomatic
calc" ways to interact with Calc through a code block than the one
implemented here.

Cheers -- Eric