Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:09:58 +0200

On Oct 16, 2010, at 9:26 PM, Robert Horn wrote:

On 10/16/2010 01:32 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Oct 15, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Ilya Shlyakhter wrote:

Karl Maihofer <ignoramus <at> gmx.de> writes:
Besides that I have tags in other contexts, e.g. GTD-related tags etc.
So it would be very useful to be able to group the tags as it is
possible for agenda commands.

I think that a way to define logical groups of tags (or even a
hierarchy of tags
-- say with a subtree of tag names?) would be a very useful addition.

I can see that this could be useful - but the code is
not in any way prepared to do this, so this would be pretty hard
to implement.

Is it worth exploring use of the properties drawer? The tags in org are
a fairly simple and thus limited structure.  The properties drawer can
have a lot more structure with a more controlled environment.

I don't think I understand what you mean here.  How  would that help?

- Carsten