[Orgmode] Recurring scheduled items appearing in schedule

From: Dustin Hoffman
Subject: [Orgmode] Recurring scheduled items appearing in schedule
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 17:00:15 -0600

I have scheduled reminders for things that occur weekly over a period
of months.  The problem is, that each of these scheduled items appears
under the current day in the agenda view and the multiplier (eg 6x,
5x) keeps going up.

What I want is each of these scheduled items to appear only on the
days that they occur in the agenda view.

Here is an example of an org file with a schedule in it.

 * Class Times
** Class
   SCHEDULED: <2010-09-28 Tue 12:30-13:48 +1w>
** Class
   SCHEDULED: <2010-09-23 Thu 12:30-13:48 +1w>

Her is an example of the agenda view for today that shows all of the tasks.

  647:        Sched. 6x:  Class
  760:        Sched. 6x:  Class
  755:        Sched. 6x:  Class
  788.12:     Sched. 5x:  Class
  886:        Sched. 5x:  Class
  647:        Sched. 4x:  Class
  760:        Sched. 4x:  Class
  755:        Sched. 4x:  Class
  788.12:     Sched. 3x:  Class
  888.12:     Sched. 3x:  Class
  647:        Sched. 2x:  Class
  760:        Sched. 2x:  Class
  755:        Sched. 2x:  Class

I have tried setting (org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t) in my
.emacs file with no luck.  Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dustin