[Orgmode] Re: Bibtex and latex export

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bibtex and latex export
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 19:30:53 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> I think I will do so.  The thing is that the check is very much for
> DOS file names so I don't actually care what that part of the regex is
> doing!

Since texi2dvi is not fixing a locale this is clearly a bug that you
should report.  It should use character classes instead.  Why your
version of egrep complains about the range expression is not clear to me
(it may be locale dependent behaviour, but not syntactically an invalid
range expression), but you could check LC_COLLATE if "z" gets sorted
before "A".  I have an older version of egrep that will simply ignore
the range in this case and never match, but it certainly doesn't throw
an error.  Maybe this was changed to weed out bad regex's... :-)

> but this may have unexpected side effects?  I'm not sure if any of the
> latex suite use the locale...

I'd be wary of that, too.  If anything you might precede just the call to
egrep by "LC_ALL=C".

Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: