[Orgmode] Re: ditaa set-up on windows box

From: Markus Heller
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: ditaa set-up on windows box
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:01:41 -0700

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:
>> The root of all evil is *NOT* org-mode, but rather the fact that my OS
>> (windoze XP) insists on finding an outdated Java version (1.4).  I have
>> installed the Java 1.6 runtime environment, and as far as I can tell, all
>> my environment variables contain only pointers to this installation, yet
>> java -version shows 1.4.2_03.
>
> That should be fixable by removing the part of the %PATH% environment
> variable that contains the 1.4.2 java executable.  Once you know where
> that is, it should suggest itself which software is responsible for this.
>
>> I just figured out that this old installation is connected to another
>> piece of software, which is annoying as hell in itself.
>
> You confirmed this or is this just a guess?  I'd run the "Software"
> panel and check if the old JRE is still listed there, if yes that's a
> way to do a clean uninstall.  If not you can still use the Java control
> panel from the new JRE and disable the old one (it should find and list
> all JRE on your computer if you let it do a search).  I don't think this
> takes care of the %PATH%, which can most likely be (un)set from the
> "System" control panel.

I removed the old Java version from %PATH%, and now java -version gives
the correct version (1.6.0_21).

I can use ditaa on the command line:

H:\org\test>java -jar ditaa.jar ditaa_test.txt

DiTAA version 0.8, Copyright (C) 2004--2009  Efstathios Sideris

Running with options:
Reading file: ditaa_test.txt
Locale: en_US
Dialog.bold
Rendering to file: ditaa_test_4.png
Done in 0sec

But when I try to run the same ditaa code from within org-mode using
babel, I get error messages:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/stathissideris/ascii2image/core/CommandLineConverter (Unsupported
major.minor version 49.0)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main"

Here's my source:

#+begin_src ditaa :file folder_structure.png :cmdline -r -s 0.8

    +---$COMPOUND_REGISTRY/

        |--- 1H/

        |--- 13C/

        +--- MS/

#+end_src

#+results:
[[file:folder_structure.png]]

And my babel set up from my .emacs:

(setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/.emacs.d/org-mode/contrib/scripts/ditaa.jar")

(add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook 'org-display-inline-images)

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((emacs-lisp . t)
   (ditaa . t)))