Re: [Orgmode] Testing code

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Testing code
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:06:45 +0200

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:
> I'd like to write a few simple tests for the modified hex-decoding
> functions I wrote for org-protocol.el.
> These functions and the patch is easier to understand and maintain if
> there are some simple tests, I guess.
>
> Could we have a short introduction in writing tests on Worg (or is it
> there)?

Hm - there's a little tutorial in org-tests/.  But ert has grown and
consists now of 7 el files plus one texinfo file.  As this seems easy to
use and comes with at least some documentation, I'll use ert [1] for a
start.

Once the tests are written, we can easily convert to something else.

  Sebastian

[1] http://github.com/ohler/ert