[Orgmode] orgmode as a reference system: Storing private/sensitive infor

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] orgmode as a reference system: Storing private/sensitive information and syncing across devices.
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:25:38 -0500

Hi list,

What I like about orgmode is that you know where the information is
going. Can't beat plain text files in terms of simplicity.

That being said, I store all my sensitive information in a huge
reference.org file that is added to the agenda. I sync this (among
other org files) to MobileOrg through a HTTPS-secured WebDav server.

I know I'm pretty secure with that configuration, and that it is
unlikely that someone will ever break into my credentials and other
private information, unless somone has physical access to my iPod, for
example. I also know that there are meny cloud services nowadays that
do just that: Manage your sensitive information, and that's pretty
much very secure.

Well, I'd love to know what you think about it (storing / syncing
private information across different devices, SSL-secure, of course)
--  I know some will be more "neurotic" than others, and often enough
reason -- how you store your private/sensitive information and any
insights that you'd like to share are welcome ;)

Thanks,

Marcelo.