[Orgmode] Re: org-babel matlab example

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel matlab example
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:23:17 -0400

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

> etimecowboy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I am learning to use org-babel to evaluate in-line Matlab code block,
>> but I cannot make it works when I press the "C-c C-c", nor "C-c C-v
>> e".
>
> What happens when you try C-c C-c or C-c C-v e ? There is an issue with
> matlab and octave: they return the value of the last /unassigned/
> computation

A better way to say this is: they return the value of the special
variable "ans". So whatever you do, at the end of the block you need to
ensure that "ans" has the value that you want returned.

I've updated the Worg page on Matlab and Octave:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-octave-matlab.php

Dan