[Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:40:43 -1000

Hi Dan,

Glad to know that Darlan's slowdown is fixed.

No change here that I can tell. Now that I've had org-src-fontify- natively set to t for a while, I can see that the slowdown is proportional to the number and size of code blocks in the Org-mode file. It is most noticeable in a file with about 30 printed pages of a manuscript held in several dozen LaTeX code blocks, quite a bit less so in a file where the several dozen code blocks are short R routines.

FWIW, I see the org-src-fontification message while unfolding, even when the unfolded result doesn't show a code block. Later when a sub- tree is unfolded, the org-src-fontification message appears again, which makes me wonder if there is unnecessary work going on.

All the best,
Tom