Re: [Orgmode] Exporting property values to LaTeX

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting property values to LaTeX
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:40:09 +0100

David,

Thanks for your response.  What a cool and useful patch.   This adds all kinds of cool functionality to org-mode, and in a single line!    I've had several times I wished I could do this kind of thing.

As it is, it doesn't automate my present case much, since I'd still have to put the macro expansion in after every headline.  Not surprisingly it won't expand if you put the {{{property(myproperty}}} code as part of a headline in org-export-latex-classes.  I reckon I'll have to try to do a hacked-up latex exporter.

Also, the patch doesn't seem to work with inherited properties.  With org-use-property-inheritance set to 't', and this input file:
----------------
* Notes taken while reading: Smith, Some-Wild-Book
  :PROPERTIES:
  :bibkey:   smith2009somewild
  :END:

This here is the key:  {{{property(bibkey)}}}.

** The Problem
This here is the key:  {{{property(bibkey)}}}.
------------------------

I get this output:

-------------------------
\section{Notes taken while reading: Smith, Some-Wild-Book}
\label{sec-1}

This here is the key:  smith2009somewild.
\subsection{The Problem}
\label{sec-1_1}

This here is the key:  \{{\{property(bibkey)\}}\}.
---------------------------

Cheers,

Scot

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM, David Maus <address@hidden> wrote:
Scot Becker wrote:
>[1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
>[1.1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]

>[1.2  <text/html; ISO-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
>SHORT VERSION:

>Can someone tell me how I might be able to get a property value exported to LaTeX?

This is currently not possible but attached patch adds a new macro
(cf. Manual, 11.6 Macro replacement) that inserts a property of the
current subtree.

Example:

{{{property(id)}}}

Will insert the ID property of current subtree if the Org buffer is
exported.

This patch only works for singe value properties and raises an error
if the macro is inserted above the first headline.

Best,
 -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6