[Orgmode] not exporting TODOs but exporting their subordinates

From: Sam Cramer
Subject: [Orgmode] not exporting TODOs but exporting their subordinates
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:28:54 -0700

When working on a document, I tend to sprinkle TODO headlines throughout the doc.  These are really very loosely structured; they just represent things that I need to do somewhat near the area that I'm looking at.

I mark these lines with a :noexport: tag in order to prevent them from being exported.  As such, they're not part of the document structure per-se, and I often mark them as top level headlines.  Since EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS applies to a tree and not to a title, this prevents the export of any subordinate items.

Here's an example:

* An amazing headline
** stuff
** more stuff
* TODO clean up the stuff above :noexport:
** this is stuff that I would like exported

In the example above, I'd like to have the everything but the TODO headline exported, including the "this is stuff I would like exported" line.

I guess that I could always have my TODO lines be at a very deep level.  Is there any other solution I should consider?

Thanks,
Sam