Re: [Orgmode] Comments in tangled source

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Comments in tangled source
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 09:04:36 -0600

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 09/03/2010 10:54 PM, aditya siram wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a heading like this :
>> * Root
>> Comments about root.
>> #+begin_src haskell :noweb yes :comments yes :tangle Main.hs
>>    main = print "hello world"
>> #+end_src
>>
>> When I tangle the file, I would expect the "Comments about root" to be a
>> comment above the source like so:
>>
>> -- Comments about root
>> main = print "hello world"
>>
>> but I don't get this. What am I doing wrong?
>
> As far as I know, that's not what ":comments" is for. It just references
> which chunk it came from.
>
> I proposed this very feature, see
> http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/PROPOSED-tangle-entire-org-mode-file-in-comments.html
> and the associated gmane thread linked from there...
>
> I assume you know about the code export features that could generate very
> nice annotated code in HTML or PDF.

While HTML or PDF documentation would probably still be preferable, I've
just pushed up a first pass implementation of the functionality
described above.  Please see the following for details
http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/DONE-tangle-entire-org-mode-file-in-comments.html

The functionality described by the OP should now be possible by using
the ":comments org" header argument.

Cheers -- Eric