Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] [PROPOSAL] Seemless editing of Babel Blocks

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] [PROPOSAL] Seemless editing of Babel Blocks
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:50:29 -0500

If you really want to use language major mode commands without leaving
the Org buffer, I suggest investigating Lennart Borgman's nxhtml
package[1]. This features a function `org-mumamo-mode' which
automatically switches Org code blocks into native major modes. I have
encountered one bug whch makes R code blocks hard to use, but the author
is responding to them at the bug tracker[2],

I too found nxhtml locking up when using R.  It that gets fixed, it
could be a nice package to use with org-mode when editing source code.

However, I think with the improvements just committed today that you
mention, that source code editing got a whole lot better without
switching to the indirect buffer using C-c '.