Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:45:45 +0200

Hi Matt,

Matt Price wrote:
>This is all beyond me, but I was reading on the zotero forums about
>efforts to integrate zotero citations in emacs:
>http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8306/testing-zoteroselect/

>Towards the end of hte thread is some useful-looking elisp code, and
>I wondered how hard it would be to massage it into something org
>could use?  otero integration would be a big plus for me and
>doubtless an increasing number of others.

<rant>
Well... Providing an Elisp interface to Zotero is on my "Someday,
Maybe" list and at least there is a successful attempt to talk to
Zotero using MozRepl[1] (after I've discovered that Zotero's SOAP
interface was abandoned).

With regards to citations I started to think about[2] writing a
processor for the Citation Style Language (CSL)[3] in Elisp.  For this
there wouldn't necessarily be an interaction with Zotero, but the
possibility of using citation styles in CSL to format bibliographic
entries for HTML or plain text export.

The question is what kind of workflow you are imaging.  I started
with: Insert a reference to an entry in Zotero and provide pretty
markup when exporting the file.
</rant>

Best,
  -- David