[Orgmode] mathjax HTML export question

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: [Orgmode] mathjax HTML export question
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:12:13 -0500

Hello,

I'm really enjoying MathJax HTML export in the development
version of org-mode!

I do have one question though:

Jan Böcker writes in this post,
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg28630.html ,
that:

"I found that when an HTML file on the local hard disk uses
MathJax from the web, MathJax reverts to image fonts in Firefox (this is
caused by a security feature of Firefox and mentioned in the MathJax
FAQ). Using a local MathJax installation in a subdirectory fixes this."

I am using Firefox to view the exported HTML documents from org-mode,
and everything seems to look great.  MathJax ix clearly working
since I can right-click an equation and zoom in, show the LaTeX source,
etc.

Is there something that I'm missing, or that could be "better" with
a local installation of MathJax?  I don't know what "reverts to image
fonts in Firefox" means, but whatever is happening on my export seems
to look nice.

I also see at:
http://www.mathjax.org/resources/docs/?installation.html
under 'Notes about shared installations' that making a
small change to .htaccess:

"should make it possible for pages at other sites to load MathJax
from this server in such a way that Firefox will be able to download
the web-based fonts."

Is this what has happened with the org-mode hosted MathJax install,
or should I install a local copy to get the full benefits of
MathJax support?

Thanks for any explanation!

Erik