[Orgmode] Placement=[H] not exporting to LaTeX anymore?

From: John Hendy
Subject: [Orgmode] Placement=[H] not exporting to LaTeX anymore?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:03:18 -0500

Hi,

I had a problem with floating tables/figures a ways back, found here: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg25566.html

The solution, which was simply inserting #+ATTR_LATEX: placement=[H], worked perfectly.

I just ran into it again, however. my org file has the following order in a section:

* section
text before table 1
table 1 (featuring both #+CAPTION and #+ATTR_LATEX: placement [H])
text before table 2
table 2 (featuring both #+CAPTION and #+ATTR_LATEX: placement [H])

But it's being exported to pdf like so:

text before table 1
text before table 2
table 1
table 2

The exported .tex has this for table 1:
\begin{table}[htb]
\caption{table 1 caption}
\begin{center}

If I manually change the \begin{table}[htb] line to \begin{table}[H], things work exactly as I want. Somehow the [H] option just isn't making it through...

Just to be sure I created an blank org file with only this:

* test

#+CAPTION: test table
#+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[H]
| 1    | 2    | 3    | 4    |
| test | test | test | test |
| test | test | test | test |

It gets exported to this:

\begin{table}[htb]
\caption{test table}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{llll}

Did something change between 6.35 and 7.01 or in the LaTeX table options?

John