Re: [Orgmode] org-startup-indented shifts columns in column-view

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-startup-indented shifts columns in column-view
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:45:31 +0200

On Jul 22, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jul 13, 2010, at 5:11 PM, Julien Fantin wrote:

Thanks for noticing Dominik,

Reverting back to regular indentation is what I've done,

THis is not what I mean.

What I mean is that you can turn off org-indent-mode just while you
use column view.  Basically, define yourself a function key to toggle
org-indent-mode, and turn it off before entering column view,
and on afterwards. Very likely, the fix for this issue will eventually
do this automatically, but it is not trivial to do this and make sure
that everything else will still work correctly.  Will be a while
before I get to this.

Just minutes after sending this message I realized, that there is
a simple way to fix this issue, by overruling the line-prefix and
wrap-prefix text properties in the overlays that are used
for column view. Works like a charm, and is a very simple fix.

- Carsten

however, I'm
afraid I have something else to report on that...
I mentionned this  issue in a separate thread :
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/27388/

I hope that Dan Davison will find time to look into this question.

- Carsten

cheers

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Carsten Dominik