[Orgmode] Help installing org-mode on a MAC please?

From: Erwin Panen
Subject: [Orgmode] Help installing org-mode on a MAC please?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:43:26 +0200

Hi everyone,

This is perhaps a trivial question, so please bear with me.

I recently switched over to Mac, so I'm not familiar yet with all inside-out Mac. At first I installed Aquamacs, but to be more compatible I'd prefer to keep up with org-mode using git.

I managed to install homebrew, next git, and was able to use git to get a clone of org-mode so that's allright.
(using git clone git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git)
Next I tried to follow the FAQ: How do I keep current with Org mode development? (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#keeping-current-with-Org-mode-development)

When I do: $ cd org-mode && make && make doc && make install
everything seems to go allright, but I get an error in the end complaining about LateX not being installed. So I installed MacTEX and tried running the above once more, with the same error.

When I open up a terminal window and issue emacs, it opens up emacs allright, but I find no xemacs? Is this not included with org-mode.git?

Thanks for helping out!

Erwin