Re: [Orgmode] how to include time when setting deadlines?

From: Puneeth
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how to include time when setting deadlines?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:43:00 +0530

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Michael Gilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi —
>
> I understand the time format in orgmode, but something is eluding me. Many of
> my projects have specific times for deadlines (that is to say, time of day on
> the date due). I can't see how to enter that other than by hand. When I type
> C-c C-d, I get the wonderful date prompt system. But I have not been able to
> discover how to get that to prompt me for the time or to include a time, like
> it includes month and day, etc. I've spent some time with the manual and
> searching the archives, but my search skills haven't prevailed. Any advice?

What you get is really a date time prompt and not just a date prompt.
You could enter date in any of the ways given in the org-manual [1].

There is just one example on how to enter the time, given in the manual
     22 sept 0:34  --> 2006-09-22 0:34

But, entering time this way works with whatever format you use for
entering the date. Enter the date and then enter time with a space
separating the date and time.

HTH,
Puneeth

[1]