[Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for c

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 06:35:01 +0200

On Jun 22, 2010, at 10:50 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

           New implementation of the Org remember process

Cool!!

6.4 Multiple capture events going on at the same time

  If you need to capture something while already capturing something
  else, you can now do so.  Finishing the second process will
  automatically return you to the window setup of the first one.

  Bernt, this might lead to confusing results if you would try to
  port your immediate clock-in, clock-out code.  It will probably be
  better (if you decide at all to try the new code) to use the
  built-in :clock-in and :clock-resume properties:

  These will even work for a chain: start capture 1, then 2, then 3,
  finalize 3, then 2, then 1, and the previous clock will be
  restarted each time.  Only when you finish the captures in a
  different sequence, then the clock-resume stuff will lead to
  undefined results.

This all sounds really good.  I look forward to test driving it when I
have some extra time to tinker with my setup.  I really appreciate the
effort you went through to keep the existing remember process so that I can try these in parallel -- this will make me try it much sooner than I
would otherwise.  It's too disruptive to switch the entire remember
process and have things break and no way to continue in a reasonable
amount of time.

The auto-clocking functionality sounds great.  I'll let you know how
that works out.

My current setup with auto-clocking remember buffers seems to break the
old remember system a little - switching remember templates while the
clock is running gets it all confused so I just kill (C-c C-k) then
restart remember if I need a different template.

Yes. But template switching is no longer supported in org-capture.el either.

- Carsten