Re: [Orgmode] any idea how to convert org file to MS WORD an retain tex

From: Puneeth Chaganti
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] any idea how to convert org file to MS WORD an retain text structure?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:31:02 +0530

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Rainer Stengele
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I love to edit documents in Org.
> Unfortunately I have to finally deliver text in MS Word.
>
> Any idea how to best export/convert my org file to Word?
>
> I tried HTML export and then imported the html in Word but
> I end up in an unusable xml style document which word wants an stylesheet for
> which I do not have.

I don't have MS Word around, so I can't be sure. But, stripping off
the the xml header [ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> ] and
then opening it in OpenOffice works fine for me. I tested with a
simple document, with a couple of sections and sub-sections and some
unnumbered lists.

Thanks,
Puneeth