Re: [Orgmode] Re: how to upgrade org-mode version?

From: Fernando Naufel do Amaral
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: how to upgrade org-mode version?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:49:47 -0300

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Scot Becker <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Kris,
>>
>> You may have discovered this in the meantime, but I gave you the wrong line
>> for adding the org
>> documentation to your info-path in emacs (so that M-x org-info gets you to
>> the latest docs).  It's
>> not
>>
>>  (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "/path/to/org/doc")
>>
>> but:
>>
>>  (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "/path/to/org/doc")
>>
>> I don't know how long this has been broken in my own setup, but I just
>> noticed it and thought I'd
>> correct my advice to you.
>
> The first version works if you restart emacs.  Info-directory-list is
> set by Info-default-directory-list once at startup.
>
> -Bernt

  Unless the environment variable INFOPATH is already set, in which
  case its value is used to set Info-directory-list (and the value of
  Info-default-directory-list is simply ignored).

  In my case, following the documentation on Info-directory-list, I
  changed the INFOPATH variable in my .profile file (I use bash).

Fernando Náufel, D.Sc.
address@hidden
http://fnaufel.wordpress.com
http://www.uff.br/llarc

Professor Adjunto
(~Professor Doctor -- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor#Brazil)
LLaRC - Laboratório de Lógica e Representação do Conhecimento
DCT - Depto. de Ciência e Tecnologia
PURO - Pólo Universitário de Rio das Ostras
UFF - Universidade Federal Fluminense
Brazil