[Orgmode] Re: simultaneous clocks?

From: Erik L. Arneson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: simultaneous clocks?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:53:06 -0700

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello,

Hi, Erik!

> Is there any concept of being able to run multiple, simultaneous
> clocks in org-mode.  For example, I want one clock to track my total
> hours during the week at work, i.e., punch in and punch out.
>
> Then, while that clock is running, I would use the normal clocking
> functionality to keep track of time on specific projects.
>
> As it is, clocking into a new task clocks out of the current task.
>
> There may not be a way, but thought I'd ask!

I do this by using a special clocktable block that reads an entire
agenda.  Try this on for size:

#+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 3 :scope agenda :block thisweek
#+END

It adds up all time spent on various tasks and gives me a total.  I
suppose you can't really have two clocks running at once, but this works
great for me.

--
Erik Arneson <address@hidden>
  GPG Key ID: 1024D/62DA1D25