[Orgmode] Re: Timestamp format questions

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Timestamp format questions
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:13:37 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 02:40:30PM -0400, Matt Lundin wrote:
> You can use diary sexps to schedule more complex appointments.
>
> ,---- (info "(org) Timestamps")
> | DIARY-STYLE SEXP ENTRIES
> |      For more complex date specifications, Org mode supports using the
> |      special sexp diary entries implemented in the Emacs calendar/diary
> |      package.  For example
> |
> |           * The nerd meeting on every 2nd Thursday of the month
> |             <%%(diary-float t 4 2)>
> `----
>
> See also the following FAQ entry:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#diary-sexp-in-org-files

Thanks! It seems, though, that this is a very new function, Aquamacs' Org-mode
doesn't contain it... I guess I'll have to find out how to update the Org-mode
that comes with Aquamacs...

> The function org-diary-class nicely covers the scenario above:

> * 12:00-14:00 Weekly class
> <%%(org-diary-class 4 8 2010 7 8 2010 4)>
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#org-diary-class

Is it still possible to schedule the time of the event as well?

(I'm a bit surprised, though, that the format is `Month Day Year', when normally
Org-mode uses `Year Day Month'... ;-)

> > Also, is there a way to say that a certain event that occurs every
> > week does not occur on one specific date? For example, I teach a class
> > every Thursday, but the Thu. 13th of May was Ascension Day, so the
> > class was cancelled. I would like the event to not show up on such
> > days.

> * 12:00-14:00 Weekly class
> <%%(org-diary-class 4 8 2010 7 8 2010 4 19)>
>                                         ;; iso number of the week to skip

Great, thanks!

Joost

--