Re: [Orgmode] org-velocity --- something like Notational Velocity for Or

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-velocity --- something like Notational Velocity for Org
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:10:04 +0200

Hi Paul, this is pretty neat!

Suggestions:

1. Make the list format such that the number comes first:

   #1 first match
   #2 second matching heading

2. When you show the list, if would be great if a single key would
   get you to the entry, like 1-9 for the first ones, you could
   assign letters a-z for more.

3. It feels like mouse-1 should get you to the heading, but that
   does not work.

4. I would also like a key which will make a new note with this title,
   even if there are matched.  Proposal:  use the "0" key
   for this function.

5. Search feels much slower than it should be - but I am not
   sure how you implemented it.  Maybe use elp to find out where
   the time is spent?  Instead of building an alist of headings,
   maybe the following procedure is faster: Find the word, go
   back to the heading and save the heading, then jump to the
   next heading and continue to search.

6. There should be a command to do the current buffer, independent
   of the value of the bucket file name.

7. The customization type 'file might be better for the bucket
   file name.

8. Org's search view (C-c a s) lives in a similar space, but it
   uses the agenda, and I like yours as a quick way to go
   somewhere, or to add a note.

Thanks!

- Carsten