Re: [Orgmode] mailto:address@hidden

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] mailto:address@hidden
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 00:46:48 -0400

Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nick & Sebastian!
>
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> >         (setq org-link-mailto-program '(compose-mail "%a" "%s"))
>
> Thanks, this works.  However, probably because I use the latest Ubuntu
> Emacs snapshot (v. 24.0.50.1) it gives me a message that now the default
> is message-mail.  So, using message-mail instead of compose-mail removes
> the error message and all is fine.

I'm not sure what you are saying here (e.g. which "it" gives you the
message about the message-mail default?). However, if you look at the
doc for compose-mail and message-mail, you'll see that compose-mail is a
generic interface to a bunch of different mail composition packages
(including message-mail): you steer it by setting the value of the
variable mail-user-agent. For example, the above setting of
org-link-mailto-program together with

         (setq mail-user-agent 'message-user-agent)

is equivalent to

         (setq org-link-mailto-program '(message-mail "%a" "%s"))

HTH,
Nick