Re: [Orgmode] Pretty org-entities in org-mode buffers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Pretty org-entities in org-mode buffers
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:57:47 +0200

On Jun 3, 2010, at 7:51 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Hi Carsten,

This appears to be an issue in the HEAD (as of two weeks ago) of the
Emacs git repository. I was able to get around this issue (and a couple of other font-lock related issues) by stepping back to an older version
of Emacs (tag EMACS_23_2 in the git repository).

I haven't tried to go back to the Emacs development HEAD, but I assume
that they'll take care of this issue sooner or later, either way it's
not a problem with any of the code in Org-mode.

You may or may not have noticed that there is now also support for subscripts and superscripts being displayed pretty. This is now realy how I wanted scientific note taking to work. Need to make a screencast to show how awesomely this does work.

The only thing missing is a little sketch tool in Emacs, fast enough to be used while taking notes... :-)

Thanks a lot for you initial implementation of pretty entities - this has been a breakthrough here.

Where do we stand with integrating org-babel? If you ask me, it is time to do that.

- Carsten

Best -- Eric

Hi Eric,

have you been able to get past this issue?

- Carsten