Re: [Orgmode] org-babel and Xemacs incompatibilities

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel and Xemacs incompatibilities
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:36:05 -0600

Hi Volker,

Thanks for pointing these out, replies in-line below

"Dr. Volker Zell" <address@hidden> writes:

>     > Hi,
>     > A patch has just been applied to the org-mode repository which should
>     > fix this issue.
>
>     > Please let me know if the issue remains.
>
> This issue is gone now.but two others show up when executing code blocks with
> C-c C-c
> in xemacs-21.4.22:
>
>  Symbol's value as variable is void: small-temporary-file-directory
>
> which can be solved by copying the definition from files.el from emacs-23.2

This should be fixed.

> and
>
>  Symbol's function definition is void: line-number-at-pos

I've replaced the calls to `line-number-at-pos' with a single call to
`count-lines'.  Is count lines (also part of simple.el) also missing
from xemacs?  If so what's the normal work around in these situations,
would I add the definition into the org-babel source, or can I require
xemacs users to download and install the file linked in your email, or
some other option?

Thanks -- Eric